Not arting, is futile…
Great Sci Fi Artwork
Adding up the total running times of all Star Trek TV series and movies, we are able to learn several interesting things…
- The Original Series makes up just 12% of the Star Trek franchise with an approximate total running time of 4,000 minutes.
- 'Most' of Star Trek is Star Trek: The Next Generation, with an approximate total running time of 7,832 minutes, and a total percentage of 25% if you include it’s movies.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager are the other heavy hitters, with 24% and 23% of the franchise respectively.
- The Next Generation Era makes up a total of 72% of the entire Star Trek franchise, compared with a total of 15% from The TOS Era.
- The smallest single contribution comes from the JJ Abrams movies, with just 259 minutes of content.
- Star Trek: Enterprise provides 13% of the franchise, compared to 12% from TOS.
Placed in order of content, from most to least, the various Star Trek series and movies stand as follows:
- Star Trek: The Next Generation - 24%
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - 24%
- Star Trek: Voyager - 23%
- Star Trek: Enterprise - 13%
- Star Trek: The Original Series - 12%
- TOS Movies - 2%
- TNG Movies - 1%
- JJ Abrams Reboot - 1%
Or if we divide them into ‘eras’, it becomes this:
- Next Generation Era - 72%
- Original Series Era - 15%
- Enterprise Era - 13%